26 September 2012

More Baby Biirds

Another person I know and/or work with is having a baby. Yep, the seemingly obligatory baby gift is done. Not obligatory by any stretch as Kathy is not only a coworker but a friend.

She's been working on a cross stitch Jungle Babies blanket so I decided to follow the Jungle Babies theme with my gift. I dug through my stash and found the perfect fabrics to use. I started with a changing pad made with flannel backed vinyl:

Next was a diaper and wipes case:

Then the bag:
front:

back:

inside:

And last but not by any means least, the quilt. 4 paper pieced animals:
Elephant:


Giraffe:

Monkey:

Lion:

Got the top finished and then the whole thing quilted and self-bound with the backing fabric:

And finally the quilt label:
I scanned a portion of the outer pocket fabric from the bag and played with it in Photoshop to get the baby's name and "made by" information on it the way I wanted it. I put a small version of the label on each of the other parts of the gift. I hope she likes it!

-Biird-

No comments:

Post a Comment